Placement Rules & Regulations - IMS Unison University
This applies to all the students at the University, who have duly filled and submitted the Undertaking and Placement Registration Form [Annexure] to the Training & Placement Department [Hereinafter ‘T&P Department’]. A student who has formally applied for placements by filling up the Undertaking and Placement Registration Form shall be considered for any On/ Off/ In Company Campus placement opportunity.
Eligibility / University’s Facilitation
The students shall strictly follow placement rules and regulations, failing to which, the student shall not be allowed to avail of the University’s assistance in the Placement process.
- Every student must have a minimum of 75% or above attendance in every semester in every Course / Subject
- The University shall not be extending any placement support to students penalised in Disciplinary cases.
- Any student who has received a placement Offer from any organisation where s(he) undertakes the internship program would not be allowed to appear for the campus placement process (This is subject to receiving the Letter of Intent / Letter of Offer)
- In case a student is facing any disciplinary action/committee, the said student shall not be allowed to appear for the placement process till such time the committee clears his/her name and approves his/her candidature for being eligible to participate in the subsequent placement process.
- Eligibility determination for a given job profile is the sole discretion of the Company, and no student can challenge the company / T&P department on the same. Also, Shortlisting for any given profile is the sole discretion of the Company, and the T&P Department has no role to play in it.
Guidelines for Students During Placement Process
During the entire process of campus placement interviews (on campus/off campus), students are required to wear the prescribed University uniform only, as per the code of conduct of the University.
On Campus: When a company visits the campus and conducts tests/interviews on campus, it is deemed to be an ‘on campus placement’. Even if a part of the selection process is carried out on campus and a part of it is conducted off campus, it would fall under the On Campus Placement Category.
Off Campus: The Company might choose to conduct the campus placement drive at a location other than the University campus. Such drives will be called ‘Off Campus Placement Drive’.
In Company Placement: The company might choose a way to recruit the students by calling them at a venue of their choice or taking interviews through electronic means like Skype, telephone or face-to-face at their office venue. Such placement drives would be called company placement drives.
In all the above drives, the students need to note that No travel and lodging arrangement expenditures will be borne by the University, and whenever asked by the company/university, the students will have to travel at their own expense and cater to their stay arrangements.
During the entire placement process student will exhibit good conduct and shall follow the instructions given by either the T&P Department or by the Organization.
- A student appearing for the placement process shall be willing to relocate anywhere in India or even globally, depending upon the organisation and its policy. Location is not a matter of choice, and finalisation of the location of posting is the sole discretion of the Company.
- Any communication regarding any placement offer must be channelled through the concerned officials of the T&P Department. Students should avoid direct correspondence with the company on matters about pre-placement offers, negotiating campus placement process, internship/placements of classmates, etc.
- Students must attend any classes/sessions on the Personality development program, drafting/pleading soft skills etc., being facilitated by the University from time to time, for Improvement of performance during the interview/placement process.
- There is a provision of ‘One Student One Job’ strictly followed by the University, and once a student is selected / letter of intent/offer is given by a company, s(he) will not be allowed to sit for any other company under any circumstance, and his / her placement registration shall be closed. For all placements (under the three options listed), the offer letters must come to the T&P Department and then, with proper recording at the University, will be handed over to the students.
- Each student is responsible for updating his/her contact details, profile sheet, and resume with the T&P Department. In case the contact detail changes, in the interim, it is the responsibility of the students to update the same with the T & P Department
- Attendance benefits will be given to only those students who attend the entire preceding of the Company, and a formal list will be submitted by the T&P Department to the respective Dean. In case the process for a particular student gets over early, s(he) should report back to the respective class and thus attend a formal class.
- In case a student at any stage wishes to withdraw his / her name from the registration, s(he) has to formally submit an application in writing stating the reason for the same
Grounds for Disqualification
- Failure to comply with any of the rules and guidelines, as mentioned in Part A.
- No student shall bring in outside influence (including parents/relatives/well-wishers) at any stage/process of Internship or Placement. Doing so will lead to being “debarred”, from the placement process, with immediate effect.
- No student will pressure the T&P Department’s officers by using any influence.
- A student should not hold back any placement offer from any Organization (case s(he) gets it during the Internship / through his/ her efforts concerning final placement before appearing for any Campus Placement process, In case it is found at any stage that the student has held back/ not shared any information about any offer, including pre-placement offer, the student shall be liable to disciplinary action and will be immediately debarred, from any further placement process.
- In case any other company through On/ Off / In Company mode makes an offer to such a candidate (whose candidature falls under point IV) during the interim period, his/ her candidature will be liable to be cancelled, and his/ her position may be offered to the candidate-in-waiting / On-Hold, if any.
- Upon being selected by an organisation through the University, the student should join the Organisation as per the terms & conditions, as stipulated in the offer or as conveyed to the student by the University
- Student, after explicitly expressing their interest in an internship or placement of a particular organisation, if backs out from the said process at a later stage, the said student shall be debarred from the subsequent internship or placement process, with immediate effect
- Any complaint from the Recruiting Company on misbehaviour or no-show will automatically lead to the debarment of the students from the placement process of the University.
- Once a student sits for a campus drive (attends Pre Placement Talk/presentation), s(he) will not be allowed to leave the process till an offer is made or otherwise. A student found missing from such a placement process after giving his/ her name or attending the pre-placement talk/presentation (i.e. before the completion of the selection process after having been selected in the initial stages of the process) s(he) will get automatically debarred from any future placement activity.
- The T & P Department may debar any student, case to case, even if the said student(s) does not fall in any of the aforesaid points as mentioned.
GUIDELINES FOR THE ISSUANCE OF NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE TO THE STUDENTS
No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the Training & Placement Department will be issued to students only when they fulfil the following conditions
- Only if the student joins the company in the final trimester / final semester of the program
- Only if the University has organised a campus drive (either ON or OFF Campus) for the company i.e. making a job offer to them
- When s(he) is applying through personal efforts, it will be granted only if the placement secured is in an exceptional ‘A Category Company’
- Only if the student has a minimum attendance of 75% in all respective semesters (including the semester in which s(he) is applying for NOC).
- No NOC will be issued in case the student is joining his/her family business.
- NOC may be issued only to final-year students.
- A student has to formally apply for NOC in writing to the Dean of Training & Placement. His / Her application will now be forwarded for recommendation of the T&P Coordinator and the Head of the Department of the concerned departments. The student will also have to give an acceptance of all the NOC rules on a Rs. 10 stamp paper. Based on the recommendations received from the Dean Training & Placement, the Pro Vice-Chancellor and Vice-Chancellor will finally approve, and in this case, NOC will be issued to the student.
Upon grant of NOC, the Student Has To
- Ensure that s(he) appears in at least one mid-term exam during each semester.
- Stay in touch with their respective Mentor /Department Head to update himself/herself about filling in the external examination form. (Note: No examination form will be accepted after the University/University’s deadline)
- Fill External Examination Form on time and gather information on his/her examination schedule (both internal and external). This is entirely the responsibility of the student and the University shall not be held responsible for the same.
- Ensure Presence for all the external exams/practicals/viva.
- Submit assignments given by respective teachers from time to time on the topics. Each assignment should be an original one. (In case the student fails to submit it to the respective teacher, s(he) will not be eligible to get Internal Marks in that course/subject)
- Report to the Training & Placement Department about his / her performance on a fortnightly basis.
- Submit a copy of his/her joining report immediately and salary slips to the Training & Placement Department every month until completion of the course.(Failing to abide by this, the NOC of the student shall stand cancelled, and s(he) will have to report back immediately for classes.
- The University holds the right to reject any NOC plea if the University finds that joining the company is not in the academic interest and broader benefit of the student.
- The students of the University are required to comply with the guidelines presently in force or as amended from time to time.
NOC issued would automatically stand cancelled if any of the above conditions is violated
Each student (while applying for the NOC) would have to submit an affidavit on Rs. 10 stamp paper duly notarised to confirm the acceptance of the above guidelines.