The purpose of the Research Policy is to create a vibrant atmosphere of research and motivate faculty members and research scholars. The policy shall serve as an overall framework within which research activities can be carried out. The document describes the strategy and procedures for encouraging research management, research development, and research education within IMS Unison University and how they will be implemented. Overall responsibility for research policy, planning, and management will rest with the office of the Dean Research.
Our Research Strategy
The goal in research is to conduct research and consultancy with an emphasis on the application of knowledge in collaboration with government, industry, society, and underprivileged community groups.
We are committed to promoting research and innovation in all walks of life and to enabling the University to become the epitome of skill, knowledge, technologies, and culture. The process of managing and implementation of our research strategy is based on a system of interconnected supporting mechanisms which seeks to
- Enhance the confidence of our faculty members to realize their research abilities
- Enhance motivation for undertaking high-quality research activity
- Encourage faculties through financial incentives for carrying out genuine research work and research publication in journals of repute
- Invite leading academicians for research assistance in the areas of management, legal, and media research, etc
- Enhance active participation of faculties in national/international seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Provide support in the form of incentives, research seed money grant, training, and infrastructure necessary for undertaking research
- Increase awareness in the arena of international, national, and regional research and also promote collaborative and interdisciplinary research projects.
Key Areas of Research Themes
The University’s strategic objective is to gain and maintain a high quality and internationally acclaimed research reputation through a clear focus on key research themes including, but not restricted to the following:
- Business Policy and planning
- Economy and business decision
- Finance and accounts
- Marketing and business analysis
- Operations and supply chain
- Hospitality Management
- Languages social and cultural studies
- Legal research
- Social science and sustainable development
- Humanities and liberal arts
- Design thinking and innovation
- Mass communication and media research: Television, Radio, Print, Advertising, Public Relations, Theories of Mass Communication, Web Journalism, Corporate Communication, Media Ethics, and Media and Society
Support Towards Research
A Research Promotion Grant Fund (RPGF) shall be created by the University in each academic year for the following purposes:
- Seed Money Research Support
- Fund for Long Research project
- Participation in National and/or international conference
- The hiring of Research Staff (Research Assistant / Research Associate)
- The incentive for publication in quality Journals of A*, A, B, and C category (As per ABDC)
- Participation in research-based seminar /workshop
- Meeting the expenses against editorial fee and /or journal fee (applicable for quality journals only)
Seed Money Research Support
Faculty members associated with the University for two (02) years or more of continuous service as confirmed regular employees will receive seed money support up to a maximum of Rs. 25,000/- for promoting research leading to publishing quality research papers (conference proceedings paper will not be included). This will include fees, cost of travel, books, journals, communication, software, and hiring of Research Associate expenses, etc. The expenses will be reimbursed as per the University norms.
Eligibility for Seed Money Grant
- Working with IMS Unison University (IUU) for two (02) years or more of continuous service as a confirmed regular employee.
- Each academic year a number of faculty members may be granted the seed money research support based on the fulfilment of criteria as well as shortlisting through the Board of Research and approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The total amount spent under this head shall be limited to the budgetary provisions for the same.
- Seed money will be given to those who are having few research paper publications in listed journals like UGC/Scopus/SCI Index/AICTE/ABDC.
- The utilization of seed money will be evaluated based on the publication of research paper(s) in the above-listed journals.
- Project completion report to be submitted before applying for the next instalment of seed money.
- The outcome of the seed money research project should be published within the next Academic year.
Fund for Long Term Research Project
The University shall also encourage senior faculty members viz. Associate Professor and above to take Research Project funded by various agencies. Considering the nature of the Research Project aligning with the University/School’s Vision and Mission, the University may support a limited number of projects. A maximum grant of Rs. 2 Lacs per project may be permitted in one (01) academic year to a faculty member whose project is selected for such support.
Eligibility for Long Research Fund
- The Long-Term Research Project will be available to Associate Professor and above position who is working with IMS Unison University (IUU) as a confirmed regular employee for three (03) years or more.
- Each academic year several faculty members may be granted the research project funding based on the fulfilment of criteria as well as shortlisting through the Board of Research and approved by the Vice-Chancellor.
- The total amount spent under this head shall be limited to the budgetary provisions for the same
- Long Term Research Project will be given to those who have research paper publications in quality listed journals like UGC / Scopus / SCI Index / AICTE / ABDC.
- The Long-Term Research Project will be utilized for journal fees, cost of travel, books, journals, communication, software, and hiring of Research Associate expenses, etc.
- Project completion report to be submitted before applying for the next instalment of the fund.
- The said fund will be sanctioned to the Project for two years or less.
- The faculty would be required to submit Project Completion Report (PCR) within six months after completion of the Project.
- The utilization of Long-Term Research Projects will be evaluated based on the publication of research paper(s) in the above-listed journals OR leading to receive Research Project / Consultancy assignment from Industry / Government agencies.
- After successful utilization of Long-Term Research Project, the faculty members are required to serve at least two (02) years with university. The Faculty member would be required to submit a signed bond on a judicial stamp paper in a prescribed format that they will serve the University for a minimum of two (02) years after the completion of the Research Project, or in the eventuality of them leaving the University before the end of two (02) years they shall pay to the University a sum equivalent to the complete cost of the Project Fund as paid by the University on a pro-rata basis.
Grant for participation in National and /or International Conference / Research Methodology Workshop
- Eligible Faculty members may be given a grant of up to Rs. 25000/- per year for participation in a National Conference and Rs. 50,000/- per year for participation in International Conference, on a reimbursement basis. Faculty members who are confirmed and are on regular full-time employment for more than three (03) years with the University will be eligible for participation at the International Conference subject to fulfilment of other eligibility conditions and selection criteria as approved from time to time and shall be limited by the budgetary allocations.
- The faculty member shall require signing a bond on a judicial stamp paper in a prescribed format to serve the University at least for two (02) years if he/she attends the International conference. However, if the faculty member leaves the job before two (02) years, he/she will be required to pay to the University, on a pro-rata basis of the sum equivalent to the complete cost of participation paid by the University.
Incentive Plan for Publication in A*, A, B and C Category Journals (As per ABDC)
The University shall provide an incentive to the faculty for publishing quality research papers as the main author, in the publications listed in ABDC as per the following categories:
|Category of publication
||Incentive in one academic year
||Rs. 3 Lakhs
Note: Note: In case the paper has been co-authored by more than one (01) faculty of the University, the said amount shall be distributed among all authors. In case the paper has been co-authored by a University faculty along with external faculty, the proportionate portion of the amount shall be paid only to the IUU faculty.
G. Application Procedure for Research Grant / Projects / Incentives
- The faculty members who are eligible for grant of any research-related grant or incentives shall be required to submit a detailed application along with necessary annexures and documentary evidence etc. through the Dean / Head of School to the office of the Dean (Research).
- The office of the Dean (Research) shall collate all such applications and put them up to the Board of Research for evaluation and recommendation to the Vice-Chancellor for approval.
- After completion of the research project for which grant has been provided by the University, details of the research conducted, and all papers and reports based on the research are to be submitted to the office of the Vice-Chancellor.